Say Yes To The Dress: Big Bliss – next Friday at 9 on TLC – someone remind me! Thrilled that shops carry samples bigger than a 2!
I was not a fat bride. On the day I went to try on my wedding gown, I was a size 12, which I thought, since I had lost weight, was a pretty svelte version of me. Imagine my shock when I went to the bridal shop, and not only did they not have samples I could try on that fit me (the dress shop attendant held the flapping pieces in the back still so I could get an idea of what I might look like dressed), but when they ordered my dress, they had to order a size 18.
Had I waited a while to get married (like after I had been married and had three children), I’d have had to get a wedding gown that fit my size 24 body. That means it would have had to be a size gazillion in bridal gown size. And going into a bridal shop at size 24 would have had me in tears, as I think I would have died not to be able to try on any gowns.
I’m so thrilled that this isn’t the case anymore, and I’m so glad there are shops that are giving big girls their due. Big girl, you are beautiful.
I am trying not to do the same thing with my younger children than I did with the oldest – which is, when she was young, I’d let her go play in another room, and I’d spend hours cleaning up the disaster in her bedroom. It was a lot of work then, very time consuming, and now, with two of them and many more activities going on, I don’t have time to dedicate to each room.
So I am constantly telling someone to go clean their room. But with these kids, you need to be more specific. Don’t give them generalizations like that – it’s too broad of an instruction. Instead, be very specific. Like go hang up your hangers.
- Eilis wants to be Bella from Twilight for Halloween – ideas to pull off that costume, anyone?? #
- If you get an email saying I’m stranded in Glasgow with a hunk of Scottish manliness, I’m not asking for help to get home! My apologies! #
- @meltingmama Wish I had seen this BEFORE I found out it wasn’t pouch worthy! in reply to meltingmama #
- @DisneyMomCathy I couldn’t have made the memories without you! Love ya! in reply to DisneyMomCathy #
- @LeaGilmoreh70 ACK my daughter is 9 in reply to LeaGilmoreh70 #
- I tweet since 12 Nov 2008. My #first5 followers were @dgcampagna @JodiGrundig @DisneyMomAmber @jojoey and @mefries. http://bit.ly/first5 #
- Mondo is my favorite tonight – am I feeling alright? #ProjectRunway #
- @ColeenNJ Don’t be too hard on yourself! I hear if we make it ’til our girls are 25, we get smart again! in reply to ColeenNJ #
- @jojoey @dgcampagna I wouldn’t have such warm, wonderful UGGS if you hadn’t started the trend! Thank you, my dear! in reply to jojoey #